Crossed The Tiber

An Evangelical Converts to Catholicism

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pennsylvania, United States

I was born into the Catholic faith. At 14, I was "born again" and found Jesus personally but lost His Church. After thirty years as an evangelical protestant, I have come full circle to find that He has been there all the time, in the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church. I wish others to find the beauty and truth of the Catholic faith as I have found.

Friday, August 30, 2013

Support Catholic Answers

When I was in the process of re-crossing the Tiber River ten years ago, there were a few extremely influential and helpful resources in my journey. The first was the movie, The Passion of the Christ. The second was the book Crossing the Tiber by Steve Ray which exposed me to the writings of the Church fathers for the very first time. (Was I ever ticked to discover the early Christians actually believed Jesus was physically present in the Eucharist, and no one ever told me this in 31 years of Protestantism!)
   The next book I read was Karl Keating's seminal work Fundamentalism and Catholicism. It answered pretty much every question I had regarding the doctrines and practice of the Catholic faith.
I always keep a copy on hand to give away to someone interested in the faith. I have also referred to Karl Keating's organization, Catholic Answers for their excellent apologetics articles and videos at Catholic.com.
   They are experiencing a serious financial shortfall this summer and I would ask you to pray about contributing to this great work that builds the Church of Jesus Christ.
Here's the link

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Home

Universalis